Guide to Preserving Historical Records
The LGBT movement brought us out of
but have we brought our historical records with us?
The need to save our history prompted LGBT-RAN to write a Guide
to Preserving Historical Records. In this Guide the 'how-to' of
preserving organizational and personal materials is specifically tailored
to the LGBT religious movement. This enables you to create a plan to
donate your records to an appropriate archive and select the archive
suited to your specific situation.
The Guide helps you identify:
- Your documents of enduring value that should be placed in a
- The three steps for organizing your records and papers before
- What you can expect from an archives or repository.
- The best practices for preserving records "in-house"
The Guide consists of:
- Part One: Preliminary Steps -- Identifying your Historical Documents
- Part Two: Selecting an Appropriate Archives for your Historical
- Part Three: Safely Storing Papers or Records "In-House"
- Frequently Asked Questions
- History is For Sharing
The Guide to Preserving
Historical Records is available on this site as an Adobe Acrobat
(pdf) file. To read the guide online, you must have the free Adobe
Acrobat Reader software installed on your computer.